Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shower Time


I finally got this set for myself! I've had it in stock before and they all sold out before I could get one! So I grabbed one out of this shipment for myself because I was dying to stamp it!

The stamp set is Shower Time from My Favorite Things.

All the designer papers are from a Basic Grey Lily Kate 6 x 6 pad that I had been hoarding. Yes....I hoard paper! Now tell the honest truth? Don't you hoard paper too? LOL! The umbrella is paper pieced, and I used Tombow markers to color the dress.

The sentiment is from a $1 clear stamp set I bought at Michael's. I've been buying those for a while now, and I think this is the first one I've ever inked!

I got a little carried away with the sewing on my Janome Sew Mini. I'm still learning about corners and such. But I DO love the look of stitching on cards. It's probably because I love texture so much...and stitching adds such beautiful texture.

I like the soft colors of this card. And I LOVE my new Shower Time stamp set!

Thanks so much for all your kind words on my posts, and for stopping by my blog. Don't forget to register for the blog candy. We're getting close!

I hope you all have a great Friday!

13 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love that paper and your paper piecing.

miss kitty said...

Love the sewing machine touch. I recall when you buoght it. In this case it adds visual interest. The set is nice. I particularly like the lady under the umbrella and feel this could also be used for spring sentiment stamps, liked April Showers Bring May Flowers.I have a raindrop stamp that would work well with this set. Love those $1 Michael stamp sets, too.

Pam Speidel said...

Fantastic! This is my new favorite card! Seriously! I *love* this set too and especially the way you've paper pieced the umbrella! How COOL is that?! And you KNOW that I love the stitching! Smiles, Pam :)
p.s. can't wait to play with my new snowman stamps this weekend! Thanks for all the extras too...YOU are the BEST! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Me loves it...and I just picked up that sentiment stamp at M's! Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, you've outdone yourself on this card! the colors, the paper piecing, the stitching and the stamp - it all works together perfectly! I have that same set of $1 stamps from Michaels (along with many others) and I use them often! They're a great bargain and so incredibly useful! TFS

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable!!! I love your papers, ribbons and colors, but I especially LOVE your very neat real stitches!!! Great card!!! And yes, the ribbon storage boxes were on an end aisle in the ribbon section 2 weeks ago -- I don't have a Michaels nearby, so I only hit them when I'm out of town.

Anonymous said...

I love this card !! The colors are GREAT !!

Anonymous said...

I look at your site daily for inspiration! Thanks for keeping it current!

Yosha said...

Love the colours on this card!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute........love the paper! I,too, hoard much of my paper.....I have GOT to get over this phenom!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Beautiful card. I love the sewing.

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute card! I love the colors you used.