Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tombow Marker Chart

Since I just added Tombow Markers to our inventory at Stamper's Dream, I wanted to share a Tombow Marker Chart that you can download for yourself. Here is the file: Download Tombow Marker Chart. Simply print it on cardstock, then color in each block as you acquire the markers. It's a lifesaver when you are buying more markers because it keeps you from buying duplicate colors. You know we all do that if we don't have a cheat sheet! LOL! It's also a tremendous aid in color selection.

I have included a picture of my completed Tombow Marker Chart for you. It took me a while, but I have collected all 96 colors...and frankly, I use them ALL! I keep this chart on my desk in a sheet protector. When I'm coloring an image a quick look at my chart really helps me choose the colors I want to use as well as matching ink colors to paper.

You should note that some of the colored blocks are two shades of the same color. (You may want to click on the picture to get a better view.) Look at several of the green colors, for example, 098 Avocado. The bottom of the rectangle is darker than the top. I colored the bottom using more ink so show you the darker shade, and used less ink on the top to show you a lighter shade you can get with the same marker.

Keep in mind that this was printed on cardstock...not watercolor paper. You can't really move the color on cardstock like you can on watercolor paper. So there are even more possibilities with watercolor paper and a damp paint brush or blender pen.

You should also note the explanation of the Tombow numbering system that's written on the bottom of the chart.

I hope this was helpful for those of you who are interested in Tombow Markers. In the next day or so I will get the download file for the Tombow chart on my sidebar for you so it's easier to find in the future.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, thank you for this!!! This is awesome. I downloaded and will be putting all my Tombows on it soon, yay!! I had never seen the notes on the bottom, so that's wonderful info to know too!
--Becca

Judy Rozema said...

That is so cool! They are sure on my wish list!

Unknown said...

Ok I just bought the 3 sets of tombow markers the 12 pk sets. Now what?? I have the Walmart GP paper and it doesn't let me blend well with the blender marker. Do I need to get specific water colored paper??

Kathy said...

Thank you for this chart! I'm so into being organized and having charts of what I have. I just bought the full set with desk holder on Amazon for $117.00...great bargain I just couldn't resist! TFS!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this sheet to organize my Tombow markers! I've been wanting something like this for a long time. I am out of some of my frequently used colors and looks like I'm going to have to buy them online. They're no longer available locally. You know you've been stamping a long time when all your supplies are being replaced by the "latest and greatest" and you still want to use the good old items you started with!

Thanks for sharing so much good info with us.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!! Now I have the color chart and the blank chart. I'm just starting with these and have a difficult time working with them. I'd love to see as many video and tutorials as possible. Thank you again for your kind share.