Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Christmas Isn't....


This isn't a typical card for my style, as many of you know. But I was drawn to the Outlines tree because is has so much versatlity, and I love those wavy lines.

The name of the Outlines stamp is Ornament Tree , and the topper is called Flower Tree Topper .

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using VersaMark ink, then finishing with JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder. Once it was stamped on watercolor paper, and the second time it was stamped on lavendar cardstock.

The watercolor stamped image was colored using Tombow markers and a blender pen. It was cut on the inside line of the tree, then layered with the lavendar stamped image which was cut on the outside lines.

All the other details are pretty apparent. I used a Gold Geo Shapes sticker in the center of the tree topper.

The sentiment is from Penny Black, and one of my all time favorites.

Add a little May Arts ribbon, and it's a card!

Sorry to be so late posting. Blogger was having some problem with uploading photos, and what's a post without a photo?

Just another reminder to register for the blog candy. You can post once on each blog post for additional chances to win. The winner will be announced at 30,000 hits!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this card -- your colors just pop and that tree is fabulous!!! Great job!!!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Great card. The colors work so well on this image. I love it.

Allison Rankin said...

Grooving on this retro feel!

Anonymous said...

What a cool image, sentiment and colors ... love it.

Anonymous said...

I love the sentiment stamp and the design of the card. nice work:)

Kerry Johnson said...

Whenever you say that about a card - I know I'm going to like it! This is awesome!

Cheryl KVD said...

Lovin' that Christmas tree!
Cheryl KVD

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love that tree and your color combo.

jodene said...

I simply love how funky thism is!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous...love the bright green!!!

Sharon in NE said...

I absolutely love this! The colors you chose are so intense it looks like light coming from behind stained glass.

Anonymous said...

The card is great, the tree is sooo cute. love the colors, I should try them.

Anonymous said...

Great card....love the colors
JoAnn

Linda SS said...

This is really fabulous & great color choices too. I love the festive & whimsical flavor of the card.

HixnStix said...

Nice blog - I'd like to enter for your giveaway!

Swamp Tulip said...

Beautiful card. I love Outlines stamps. Super job.

Teresa

miss kitty said...

This stamps has a very mod, Puccini vibe to it. It's just great. I really view you site as an online version of stamping magazines. The main difference is we have immediate access to purchase the tools used. You rock.