Thursday, October 25, 2007

Many, many thanks.....

AND....ENABLER ALERT! If you are not strong, you may NOT want to read this post. Consider yourself appropriately warned! Proceed at your own risk! :-)

I got my new Nestabilities dies last night, and I love, love, love them! I only received the circles and squares. The ovals and rectangles are on backorder. But WOW....these things are just fabulous!

At first I was a little intimidated by them. I mean, I had read lots on the Internet and various blogs about all these sandwiches you have to make. But it only took a matter of minutes to figure out how to use them with my Big Shot!

I probably will not be selling these in my web store, but if anyone is interested in them, please contact me. I can certainly send off your order with my next one. They really are great! I am not easy to impress....but I'm impressed with these!

So.........while I was playing with my new toys I cut a few circles and embossed them. (How cool is that?) In order to put them to good use, I stamped this sentiment from my Hero Arts Happy Everything Greetings set using VersaColor Bamboo ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

Beyond that, all I did was layer the circles with Scotch Foam Tape for dimension. Then I used some pretty Fancy Pants two-sided designer paper in complimentary colors. I know....usually I choose the designer paper first. But hey....I was anxious to make something so I did it backwards this time! LOL!

What I had in mind for this little 4.25 x 4.25 card was a nice "thank you" for Christmas gifts. I think the colors really lend itself to that.

So...that was a quick and easy one. But really fun!

You will definitely be seeing more of my new Nestabilities in future cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a fabulous Friday!

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, I love your image and use of the nestabilities, just received mine and want to play with them over the weekend, can't wait.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Oh I so should of not read your post. I was thinking of getting these but now that I read your post, my check book is in trouble again, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

OHHHH Michelle!!! Everytime I see Nestabilities on everyone's blogs I want some!!! Maybe next time I get PO at you know who I'll get me some. Don't ya think that's a good enough reason to buy some!!!!

Pam Speidel said...

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam Speidel said...

:) I love your card and will add the Nestibilities to my ever-growing wish list. :) once again, you've sold me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, I'm so weak! (gulp) I always thought I could live without a die-cutter/embossing machine but after seeing this, I need one now! LOL Then I can convince myself I simply have to have the Nestibilities too! This card is gorgeous, all nestled together in green and pink! I love it! Thanks for the warning, but it didn't help me! I'm just so weak.....so weak.....

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle the card is gorgeous. I have been wanting the Nestabilities for quite a while and you have sold me on them. You are my favorite enabler! :)

Kim Burmeister said...

You have been tagged. Go to my blog to check out the rules www.clearlyinspired.blogspot.com.

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

YAH!! My Nestabilites are coming in 2 weeks! Love seeing you use them! Can hardly wait to use them now that I see this sweet little card! TFS: Tinla