Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Penny Black Poinsettia

It kind of looks like I'm into funky and non traditional Christmas colors these days, doesn't it?

This beautiful poinsettia stamp is by Penny Black and is called Winter Glow .

I must tell you that I think this stamp is totally awesome! My favorite style is elegant, and to me, this stamp wreaks of elegance!

I colored on the rubber with Tombow markers, then spritzed with water using my JudiKins Fine Mist Spritzer . The mist of water remoistens the ink. TIP: It's very important to use a fine mist so you don't get droplets of water on your stamp, which will show up on the paper when you stamp it.

The right corner is a Cuttlebug corner die. I cut it once from purple cardstock, and again with metallic gold, then filled in the holes of the purple one with the gold pieces.

The background of the purple notecard was stamped in ColorBox GoldRush ink using a Penny Black stamp called Penmanship.

This is really a pretty simple card...but sometimes those are the best!

Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

And don't forget to register for the Dreamy Treats! We're getting closer to 30,000 hits...so it won't be too long before we announce a winner!

12 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is very cool...I have a stamp that may work with this technique...hmm!

Alhambra Club said...

What an elegant card, love that image and how you stamped it.

Anonymous said...

what a great card this is! I love the different colors and the added corner element that sets it off beautifully! Nice job:)

Sharon in NE said...

I had to sit there and think about the corner element because I just worked with that particular one last night. That is ingenious! That wouldn't be particularly difficult and what a "wow factor"! Good job!!

wisteriagirl said...

What a gorgeous card!! Breathe of fresh air. Cindy

Bonnie Weiss said...

Absolutely BEAU-TI-FUL !!!!!!! Love the colours...love the stamp...love the corner element.

Yosha said...

Wow! Such a great card! Love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Penny Black stamps are my favourites, and you have made this card beautifully. I love your colours, and attention to detail. Anne.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Penny Black stamp...and I love it in your color choice. Very pretty card. The decorative corner is really neat....great idea.

miss kitty said...

Love the nontraditional color choice of purple. The gold border really makes it pop. Love your blog.

Linda SS said...

Your card is lovely. Our family room is in purple so my sister actually bought me a purple Poinsettia last year with gold glitter on it. It was just beautiful. I think it was probably white and they die them purple. Great job on the pretty card.

mimiburroughs said...

You know I LOVE that stamp too!! And I love the way you designed this card! It's beautiful!!!