Monday, October 29, 2007

Olivia Sunflower

Just as I stamped this image yesterday I had an email from a fellow blogger. Hi Lori! :-) She wanted to know HOW I color with Tombows and a blender pen. Valid point, since all I ever say is that I colored my stamped image with Tombows and a blender pen. I say that a lot, don't I? LOL!

So I started coloring this image, photographed it (poorly, I might add) and emailed her this picture. Can you see the progression from left to right? I laid down color along the edge, then pulled color outward away from the line using a Tombow blender pen. I ALWAYS use watercolor paper. The color will not move on the paper otherwise. Important: If you do not use watercolor paper you will be extremely disappointed with the results!

After I use my lightest shade, I then begin to add darker colors for shading using the same technique. I don't mean to oversimplify this....but it really is that easy. It does, however, take a little practice.
The main image is Olivia Sunflower from Stampendous. Gotta love Ollie & Olivia....they are just too cute! The sentiment is also from Stampendous.

I'm not sure I'm crazy about this layout, but hey....it's done and I'm not changing it now.

The corners of the main image were punched with the EK Success Concave Punch . I think the rest of it is self explanatory.

If you have questions about using Tombows or waterbased markers, please don't hesitate to email me. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

And when I finally get Sweet Miss Daisy to give me watercolor lessons, I'll teach you all her secrets! LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card and that image thanks for sharing your coloring techniques.

toners said...

I bought this stamp last week :) And thank you for the coloring tutorial! Your card is gorgeous!

Kerry Johnson said...

Thanks so much for the pics! May I ask what kind of watercolour paper you use?

Anonymous said...

This stamp is just too cute! I really like this BG paper too, and your layout works for me:) TFS

Dawn Easton said...

Your colouring is AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you colour...you make it look so easy!! Thanks for the tutorial...if only my colouring could look as good as your's and Anna's :)!!
TFS: Tinla