Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Doodle Noel

I really enjoyed making this card! I must tell you that it was inspired by a card I saw some time ago by one of my favorite designers, Taylor of Taylor's Expressions . My personal thanks to Taylor for the inspiration! Isn't she awesome?

The image is from Stampendous and is called Doodle Noel . It was stamped on white cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I embossed using JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder, then colored the letters with Tombow markers. The "O" ornament in Noel was paper pieced from the Basic Grey designer paper used in the background. Then I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink and my new Stampin' Up Sanded background stamp to overstamp the Noel panel.

The decorative panel on the left side is actually three different papers...red, blue, and Basic Grey designer paper. I used my corner rounder to punch all three into scallops that I could layer together.

The strip on the left side is a piece of green May Arts ribbon layered with a strip of Basic Grey designer paper. I used Red Geo Shapes Sparkler Stickers to embellish the ribbon strip as well as the "N" on the Noel.

This will definitely be one of my Christmas cards this year!

Thanks so much for stopping by.....more tomorrow!

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

This is a wonderful card!!! Great layout!

Tip Junkie said...

Awesome!! What a great job!

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Michelle - love it!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love all the detail you put into the card.

Anonymous said...

Michelle; love all the subtle red that I see.....beautiful card! TFS: Tinla

Bethany Paull said...

I LOVE this. It's beautiful. Especially the red trim on the scallops.

Calabash Creations said...

Great card! Love the layout and the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I love the image, the paper, and the paper piecing for the O--great job!