Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Treat yourself!


I really like this card. I don't always like my cards...but this is an ice creamy one. And I like ice cream!

The image is Banana Split from Stampendous. I simply adore that stamp!

It was stamped on watercolor paper using, yep...you guessed it.... Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The image was colored with Tombow markers. I put a little Diamond Glaze on the cherries and the fudge for gloss and dimension, and used Liquid Applique for the whipping cream.

The decorative paper is made by Paper Loft. I used a Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder to emboss the paper. I think it gives it the effect of swirly icing. And the background paper kind of reminds me of sprinkles. Or is it just me? LOL!

The sentiment is Stampendous Treat Yourself . I put jewel stickers in various sizes on each side of the stamped sentiment for added definition.

The layers were cut with Fiskars Scallop scissors. I doodled around th edges of the Banana Split layer just for fun. If you haven't tried doodling, you just must! It's so much fun...and very addictive. And you can't do it wrong since there are no rules.

Well....I'm still on my crazy schedule of getting up before daybreak, so I'm off to bed early. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic, the confetti paper goes so great with the banana split stamp and the embossed background puts it over the top.

Angel said...

This is great. Looks good enough to eat!

Lindy Stamper said...

I LOVE it! It totally said fun and go have a split... YUM!

Jess said...

love the color combo...love the confetti paper...awesome card!!

Anonymous said...

This card just makes me drool for a big bowl of ice cream! Yummy Yummy! Love this card!

Sharon in NE said...

PERFECT!!!!

Unknown said...

Love it, looks delish!!

Anonymous said...

This card is too cute! I love the embossing template you used combined with the confetti paper. The colors match perfectly and the whipped topping looks edible. You've got talent!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute...Love it! Yum!