Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm so thankful....


Just a quick and easy card for tonight. I am still working on new orders for the store....so time is short.

BUT...this stamp really lends itself to quick and easy. It's from Stampendous and it's called Tall Blossoms .

I know this is a bit of a funky color combination, but I liked working out of my comfort zone (for a change), and just went with the colors of the background paper.

First, I colored on the rubber with my Tombow markers using green for the stems and leaves, and an orangy-red color for the flowers. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but the cardstock I stamped on is a very pale blue. After stamping, I colored the flowers with a blender pen, then used Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue to accent the flowers, as well as the flower centers on the background paper.

The main image was framed with two shades of complimentary Bazzill cardstock, and the corners were punched with an EK Success Concave punch. I used Scotch Foam Mounting Tape to pop up each layer for dimension.

The sentiment was stamped, then punched with my oval punch. I ran the ribbon through a hole in each end to adhere it to the stamped image.

So.......that really sounds like a lot, but it truly was quick and easy.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Well, I like that color combination. And I always like flowers. So I'd say it's a winner.

Alhambra Club said...

I like the card, the color combo and stamp.

Anonymous said...

Great Work. I personally love the color combo. Keep'em coming! Anna

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Wow! Love this card!

Anonymous said...

Cute card!! What stamp did you use for the sentiment and what punch for the oval? I love your cards...& reading your blog!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Bethany Paull said...

I just got this stamp! It hasn't even seen ink yet. I love your "quick and easy" card. The flowers look very cool, like they're outlined in a more red color.

Unknown said...

Love stickles...controlled glitter!
This card is lovely, the colors are great together.

Anonymous said...

This is just darling!! I love the colors and those stamps are too cute! :)