Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Retro Tree-O


It really IS time to be thinking about your Christmas cards. I know...it's 103 degrees outside, but it will be here before you know it!

The image I used on this card is called Retro Tree-O and it's from Stampendous. There is so much you can do with this stamp, depending on your background paper and the color palette you choose. The decorative paper used here is Paper Adventures Holiday Joy Mini Dots.

I stamped the image (I know you regulars know this) with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

To color the image I used Tombow markers and a blender pen. Yellow Stickles glitter glue was used on the stars, and I used Crystal Stickles to accent stripes on the tree in the center.

Just for kicks I put some GeoShapes jewel stickers here and there, and accented some of the other circles on the trees with JudiKins Diamond Glaze for added dimension.

I love the ribbon on this card, but wasn't quite sure if it matched well enough. It's from May Arts...and it's gorgeous double sided ribbon. But does it really match?

So.......that's it for tonight. I still have quite a few packages to wrap for the web store before I can go to bed. It will be a while!

Thanks for checking in!

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

That background paper is great, love the stamp and your colors.

Anonymous said...

It's a match!! I love that ribbon too!

Jess said...

OOOOHHHHH I love that background paper also...where can I get some?? That tree stamp is super cute! I love this card and the colors you chose..great job!!

Anonymous said...

I think the ribbon matches fine and your card is very nice!

Unknown said...

(hands over ears)
blah blah blah I can't hear you blah blah blah
I don't even want to think about Xmas!
But your card is lovely, especially the coloring, you are a whiz with that blender pen!