Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Everything!


Since I had the Whimsical Flower Borders set still on my desk from yesterday's card I decided to use it again today. It's a miracle I could find it on my desk among all the other "stuff"! LOL!

I stamped it on a white panel, then colored with Tombow markers in colors to coordinate with the background paper I had chosen. The paper is from a mat stack called The Spring Matstack. I layered the stamped image a couple of times in shades of pink and green. I do like layers!

The butterfly stamp is called Multi-Pattern Butterfly . I colored on the rubber with my Tombow markers, then stamped it twice on a scrap of white cardstock. I cut out the butterflies, trimming the images closely and cutting off the antenna. Then I inked only the antenna of the butterfly and stamped on the decorative paper. I adhered the cut out butterflies over the stamped image. Then I used little jewels for their antenna. Isn't that cute?

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called Happy Everything Greetings . There are six stamps in that set, and they are a nice assortment and size which will fit most anywhere.

I really like this card, and I'm pleased with the end result. That doesn't always happen!

Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

I agree with you, this is a great card, love the paper and the butterflies.

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! The antenna are sooo cute! I also love the layers and the color combo...like I said...gorgeous card!

Kristine said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love those stamps and your colors are just so fun and pretty!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is CUTE as can BE! I LOVE the rhinestones you added! SO sweet! :D

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet card!

Unknown said...

Love it, that patterned paper is cute!

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a beautiful card- the blong & butterflies rock!