Friday, August 3, 2007

Roses, Tulips and Mailbox


I tend to like to watercolor to unwind. After a pretty stressful week, that's just what I needed tonight!

I think this Northwoods rubber stamp is just too pretty. Aren't those birds sweet? The stamp is called Roses, Tulips and Mailbox . To me there is just something very serene about it.

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink. It's my very favorite...and I use it for all things black. It makes a very fine and crisp image every single time.

The stamped imaged was colored using Tombow markers and a Tombow blender pen. I color with my lightest colors first to form a base, then layer over them with medium and darker colors. Everyone has their own technique...but that's mine.

The Prayers sentiment is from Hero Arts, and it's just a must have sentiment for those times when there is nothing else to say.

It can't go without saying how much I appreciate those of you who take the time and effort to leave sweet comments of support. It means a lot to me.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a safe and fabulous weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is Awsome! Great Watercoloring!

anna

Lindy Stamper said...

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I so admire your watercolor cards! I too enjoy watercoloring and only after reading your blog did I try the versafine black onyx ink. I am hooked! Now I understand why you always mention using that black ink - it does make your projects stand out! Congrats on being the featured artist - but your work deserves special praise. Thanks for sharing - I've learned how to improve my watercolored cards after reading your blog :) Thanks for sharing your work! This card just gives me such a peaceful feeling.......it's lovely:)

Stampindamour said...

WOW! WOW!! BIG WOW!!

LOVE the watercolors!! You are so very talented!!! GORGEOUS card!!! :0)

-pamela

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Michele... I enjoy checking your blog every morning! :)

Sharon in NE said...

You do SUCH beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful card! It seems like I've been needing to send several cards with that sentiment lately. I love the stamp you used and your watercoloring.

Pam Speidel said...

This is simply BEAUTIFUL! Love this image and your watercoloring has really made it come alive. Very very sweet and serene card.

Katia said...

Hi,
It's a beautiful card..I love this colors!!!

Ciaooo