Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Another Masculine Birthday


One can never have too many masculine cards on hand! That's especially true for me since I have two sons and four grandsons!

I wanted to do something simple with the Vertical Spotlight stamp, so that's how I got here. I inked the stamp with my Versacolor cube stamps, and overlapped colors just a bit from one to another. If you have ColorBox Cat's Eyes, those would work well too. Actually, you could use any ink pad. I just find it easier to work with the small ones on this stamp. Tip: Be sure to start with your lightest color first, then graduate to darker colors so as not to contaminate your ink pads.

I stamped the inked Vertical Spotlight on vanilla cardstock, then used Birthday Calligraphy inked with Versafine Vintage Sepia to stamp over the spotlight background image.

The edges of all the papers were distressed with a Making Memories distressing tool, then sponged with Ranger Vingage Photo distress ink. I added brads to each corner and a photo turn in the center. No ribbon for this one.....guys don't like that, you know. LOL!

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the distressed look and how you did the sentiment.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Another great looking card, Michelle! I didn't know that stamp was called "Vertical Spotlight." I've always referred to it as the squiggle stamp. I like seeing uses for these older stamps we are not going to part with.

Corie said...

Great guy card -- they are always the most difficult. Love the "aged" look.

Anonymous said...

another awesome creation!! I just love your work Michelle!

Unknown said...

Love that splash of color behind the words...looks wonderful!