Sunday, August 5, 2007

Joy is where you find it....


Now that I have this little Janome Sew Mini, I had to do something to try it out! And this is my first card with sewing. I know I need some serious practice, but it's a start!

I stamped one of the borders from Hero Arts Whimsical Flower Borders on a large white panel. The image was colored with Tombow markers to coordinate with the background paper.

The butterfly stamp is called Spiral Butterfly . I stamped it on the patterned paper, then cut out all of the image except the antenna. I stamped it again on the white panel then adhered the cut out butterfly over the stamped image on the white panel.

The sentiment is one I really love...and it's suitable for so many occasions. It's called Find Joy . The Tiny Daisy was also stamped on the decorative paper, then cut out and adhered to the sentiment panel.

So....I know this was long. I guess I had a lot to say, huh?

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great evening and a happy Monday!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a wonderful card, love the colors and that background paper.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the stitching.

Anonymous said...

This is Beautiful!