Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Santa's Elves?


Elf shoes? Or witch shoes? Could it be both? LOL!

This card was made with the Witch Shoes stamp from Stampendous. I stamped it on watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The stamped image was colored with Tombow markers and a blender pen. I added Stickles Glitter Glue to the boots and the hem of the skirts for a little sparkle. I also added some Stickles around the lacy edges of the sentiment.

The background for the sentiment is a cute little stamp from A Muse called Lacy Oval . I inked it first with VersaColor Lime Green ink, then tapped the edges of the stamp with VersaColor Green Tea. The Ho! Ho! Ho! sentiment is also from Stampendous. It was stamped over the inked Lacy Oval then cut out.

The red and green cardstock was Cutlebugged (is that a word?) with the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder. I added a few Green Geo Shapes stickers for added interest. I just love those little jewel stickers. They are soooo cool and easy to use.
To see the original Halloween card I made with the Witch Shoes click HERE !

So.......we have a Halloween stamp which doubles as a Christmas elf card. Too fun!

DON'T FORGET! The Dreamy Treats winner will be announced tomorrow night. If you haven't registered yet, this is your chance. Just Do It! :-)

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic, have this stamp and love it, will most definitely be casing this one.

Pam Speidel said...

Go figure! I would have never thought of ELF shoes for this image - but it works! You're just too creative Michelle! :) GREAT card! :)

Kris H said...

I love how you made this into a Christmas theme!!! I never would of thought of that. I have liked this stamp for some time now...um...may have to get it now.

Great card.

Kris

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love love love this cute little card! I've loved those shoes ever since you posted the halloween card, and how totally clever of you to use them for a christmas card too! I can tell I'm going to have to add to my rubbah collection sooner than I planned:)

Jess said...

Great card...you are so creative and clever!!

Colleen Schaan said...

Michelle, that is the best! I love how one image can work as two totally different holidays. Thanks for sharing this adorable card.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you are a genious! I have this stamp and never thought elf, only witch! Thanks for the inspiration! I just love this card.

Unknown said...

Love this stamp and card. Very smart to make an elf!

Anonymous said...

This is to cute!!! Love the colors
cd

Anonymous said...

It's great to see how you can take a stamp from one holiday and adapt it... very creative, Michelle!

Love the card!

Kim Burmeister said...

I really like this card and your use of your Cuttlebug! Great job!