Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cheerful Giving


I know I don't usually post on Saturday nights, but next week has all the promise of being a crazy one for me. So I decided to leave something for you tonight...just in case!

The main image on this card is from Penny Black. Aren't those little penguins just too cute? The name of the stamp is Cheerful Giving .

I colored the rubber with my Tombow markers. If you don't have Tombows you can use any waterbased markers, such as SU! or Marvy. Once I had the entire image colored I spritzed lightly with my JudiKins Fine Mist Spritzer to remoisten the ink, then stamped on cardstock.

I used the same technique to stamp the sentiment, also a Penny Black stamp called Joyous Season .

The blue strip behind the penguins is textured with a Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder. The corners of each of the panels are adorned with Pink GeoShapes Sparkler Stickers .

The decorative paper is from KI Memories. The colors in the paper were the inspiration for the colors of the hat, scarf and sentiment.

I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by.

And please don't forget to leave your vote on the poll just to your right. I need and appreciate your input.

6 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

This is just ADORABLE Michelle! I appreciate that you tell us how you make your cards and what products you use! You're a great saleswoman! :)
I couldn't sleep so I'm reading blogs. Go figure! Enjoy your weekend dear friend! :)

Anonymous said...

this card is adorable. Love the colors you used.
cd

Anonymous said...

What a cute little card this is! I'm an avid reader of your blog and I can't wait for your new posts to see what you've created next:) Evertyhing you make is beautiful! Best wishes for a happy holiday weekend Michelle! TFS :)

Ijsbeer said...

This is so lovely! Awesome card!

Alhambra Club said...

Fantatsic, love how the image came out. Great card.

Godelieve said...

These penguins are really cute! I love your non-traditional colors!