Wednesday, September 5, 2007


I enjoyed doing more watercoloring this weekend while I was trying to unwind. This is another Northwoods stamp called Donna's Cornucopia . I just love the fall colors, and it was so much fun to color.

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow markers and a Tombow blender pen.

After I finished the watercoloring and put the card together I thought it just needed a little something in that big white space in the upper right corner. So I used a black Tombow marker and colored the word "blessings" from my A Muse True Friend stamp. I used my SU! small oval to cut it out, then the larger oval to frame it in gold. For a little added color I used the larger oval and punched it out twice in burgundy, adhering the two ovals behind the gold oval.

I'm not sure if I like it better with or without the blessings word. What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight. And remember to count your blessings.


Flossie's Follies said...

Your coloring is awesome, love it. I like the blessing sentiment card better, don't know why it just seems balanced to me.

Carol said...

although both cards are great, I too prefer the one with the sentiment. beautiful watercoloring!! Is Thanksgiving really just around the corner?!

Jessica said...

I agree with flossie's follies and carol that the card with the sentiment is the one! Both are beautifully watercolored!

SpAzzGiRL said...

I like it with the blessings too and your coloring is amazing! WOW!