Thursday, September 20, 2007

Merriest Christmas To You!


I wasn't going to post anything tonight, then changed my mind at the last minute. This is actually a card that I made last Christmas.

The background stamp is Penny Black's Christmas Colors . You may recall that I recently that same stamp on another card HERE .

To make the background for this card, I colored on the rubber with Tombow markers, spritzed with water, then stamped three different times.

The sentiment is also from Penny Black and is called Merriest To You . I stamped it on a white panel using VersaMark Ink and embossed with JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder.

The shadow behind the sentiment was made with a piece of Cut-n-Dry Foam cut into the size needed for my shadow. I inked the gray side of the foam piece, then stamped it as my shadow. In addition to making your own shadow stamps, it has a lot of other uses. Another thing I like is that when you're finished, you simply wash off the ink and use it again with another color.

I keep all my cut shapes in a zip lock bag in a drawer in my studio. Before cutting a new pice I always check to see if I already have one cut that will work. So handy....and pretty thrifty too! :-)

So that's it for tonight, friends. I thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the pink, and what a great idea that cut and dry foam is, wonderful say to shadow something, thanks for the tip

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I saw your comment on Jacksonbelle's site and I had to say hello to a fellow Louisianian! I'm over in Slidell! I have stamped for about 2 years now...a newbie, but loving it all the same! Your cards and blog are wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Linzi
linzi@mindspring.com

Anonymous said...

Love the card!!! Great colors!

michelle sturgeon said...

ooohhh....I like the pink!