Monday, September 1, 2008

Holly Chickadee

Nope....it's not an Artful Stamper card! Are you surprised? LOL! I decided to do something a little different today since I had the day off work and a little time to play. This is my FIRST EVER attempt at Prisma pencils with odorless mineral spirits. I still need some practice, but it is a fun technique and I enjoyed trying my hand at it.

The stamp is Impression Obsession's Holly Chickadee . I stamped it on Neenah Solar White cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I used my new Argyle Cuttlebug folder for the background layer, which is the medium color in the Prismatics Herbal Garden paper pack. The card itself is the darker green from the same collection. I then used a VersaColor Green Tea ink cube to highlight the embossed areas.

The red cardstock is Classic Red Prismatics , and the ribbon is Red Woven Iridescent by May Arts. The gemstones are Kaiser Craft Clear .

I will be getting another day off work tomorrow! They have decided to close the Parish Courthouse where I work in anticipation of a tropical storm here. We are playing it by ear for Wednesday, depending on what happens tomorrow. It's really NOT the way you hope to get a day off...KWIM? So we will all batten down the hatches and pray for the best. I moved all plants and outdoor furniture up under the patio. My cell phone is fully charged, and the car is full of gas. Other than that, there isn't much I can do to prepare.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness and kind words. I will be back as soon as I can.

Until then.......

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card. The argyle embossing folder and Prismatics have my name written all over them. I'm so glad to see you're still with power. May the Power continue to be with you. Thanks for the update. Stay dry.

Donna C. said...

Breathtakingly gorgeous card! What I wouldn't do to be on YOUR Christmas card list!

mimiburroughs said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous card!!! You did a beautiful job...I love it!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow! First time? This is GORGeous! I cannot imagine what your creations are gonna look like with 'more' practice!

Kelli C. said...

Ohhh, this is beautiful! You did GREAT job! Where didya find the OMS?

Shirley said...

I love this bird of I/O's, and your design is just perfect

Anonymous said...

Michelle, this card is so you!! Your fabulous coloring makes this little bird look incredibly life-like! I WISH I could color like that!! I love the argyle background and beautiful ribbon and gem-studded slide. What a card!!
I'm happy to know you're safe and well in LA, and enjoying some valuable stamp time in the midst of this storm! TC!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! This is gorgeous and so dramatic. Love the new CB folder too! Wonderful!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my, oh MY, OH MY GOODNESS! Michelle this is exquisite! Absolutely exquisite! WOW!

Angel said...

LOVE this card.... just beautiful! Take care!

Diane said...

Oh so lovely!!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! Wow!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card. Your coloring is fantastic! This is one of my favorite stamps. I just love it and plan to use it on my Christmas cards this year :) Among others...lol

Suzy

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card - and love that stamp! Hope you stay safe!

Debbie Olson said...

Fabulous card, Michelle! This is one of my favorite bird images, and I love the texture in your background too--great details!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Michelle, this is beautiful! Oh my goodness!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Michelle, this is absolutely stunning!

Carolyn King said...

wowza...amazing! love this!

redstampinsam said...

I love what you did with the argyle cb folder. I used mine last night for the first time. What a beautiful card.

The Country Rose said...

OK, I can see I am going to be here a while :)- let me go get my water...

This card is just gorgeous! Really nice use of the Argyle embossing folder and the stamp is just precious.

Barb

Patty Williams said...

WOWZERS !! This card is BEAUTIFUL !!

I love birds and this just speaks to me big time!!

wow!

Elaine said...

That's beautiful!

Michelle-a-bella said...

This is a very beautiful beautiful Christmas card!!! Thank you so much for sharing!