Sunday, September 7, 2008

Christmas Joy!

Sorry I'm so late posting tonight. I've had a horrific weekend! And as soon as I finish this post I am off to take a LONG hot bubble bath with a glass of wine. Do you think it will help? Well...it CERTAINLY won't hurt! LOL!

I really like this card. Maybe it's the colors that appeal to me so much. I'm not sure. The blue cardstock is Cobalt Blue Prismatics . I paired it up with a little lavendar cardstock to match my embellishments.

The sentiment is Hero Arts Pattern Joy . I stamped it on Neenah Solar White cardstock using Danube Blue Memento ink. Then I cut out the "J" and the "Y", and colored the dots and swirls using Prisma colored pencils.

I replaced the "O" in Joy using my Spellbinders scalloped circles. The embellishment in the center is Hero Arts Felt Snowflakes . I placed a Baby Blue gemstone in the center.

The background stamps are from the Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly Clear Design set, stamped with Summer Sky Memento Dew Drops. I added a few more Hero Arts Gemstones to the center of the snowflakes for texture.

The border beneath the Joy sentiment is from Martha Stewart.

So...that's it for me tonight. I'm off to try to "chill out"! I hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your weekend wasn't a good one, but hopefully the coming week will show improvement:)
I love this card Michelle and I can't wait to get some of those felt snowflakes! I love the soft colors and how you blended the blues and lavendars for a snowy effect. It's great!!
Bottoms up!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What an adorable card, Michelle! Hope the long hot bath and glass of wine helped! Sending you hugs!

Anonymous said...

Delightful & refreshing! This certainly looks 'cool' from Texas! Love the snowflake 'O'!
~Bev

Nancy Jensen said...

What a beautiful card. Unfortunately we don't have much use for snowflake stamps here in AZ since we rarely get snow. LOL But I still love the stamp set and your card!

The Country Rose said...

This is really a very pretty card. I really like the snowflake theme paired with the word 'Joy'. Snow always makes me think of complete abandonment and 'joy' :D.