Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ginger and Coco

Isn't this stamp the cutest thing???? It's another Artful Stamper stamp, and it's called Ginger and Coco .

I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers. The shading and blending was done with a damp paint brush.

I stamped the cup portion again on a scrap of watercolor paper, cut it out and popped it up to add a little dimension.

For the icing on the hands and feet I used White Opal Liquid Pearls, then put Stardust Stickles over the top when it was dry.

The tag was made with my Tag Trio set from Spellbinders. The word "Sweet" is from a Gina K stamp set called North Pole . It was tied with a piece of May Arts silver metallic string .. The brown cardstock is Suede Brown Prismatics , and the blue carstock is from the Baby Blue Prismatics collection, and the red cardstock is Classic Red prismatics.

Did you notice anything different about the two cards? If you did, then you aren't seeing things! LOL! On the second card I added dots of Baby Blue Liquid Pearls then sprinkled Crystal Art Institute Glitter over them. I just thought it was too plain without those. But now I'm not sure if I like it better or not.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're all having a great week!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right! That is just about the most adorable stamp ever. The baby blue liquid pearls are the perfect embellishment. How did you fare through Gustav? I became quite concerned for you when I saw it heading straight for Shreveport.

Melissa said...

So very sweet! No pun intended of course!

Many Blessings,
M.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Michelle, this is adorable. . .and I love BOTH cards. The one with the Liquid Pearls looks like snow falling. . .so cute!

Christi Flores said...

This is SO sweet!!!

Deb Neerman said...

OMigosh, these are both wonderful!!! I'm constantly amazed by your wonderful coloring skillz!!

Cute, cute, stamp!!! Goin' right onto my wish list!

Glad to know you're well after your visit with Gustav. Hurricanes ... ummm ... blow.

~Hugs!!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh so sweet! Love all the dimension this has too. Yummy enough to want to take a sip of sweet hot chocolate but the gingerbread man is too cute to eat!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! I think adding those liquid pearls enhanced the original design, but they're both adorable! I love the colors of brown, blue, and red, and that prism paper looks so textured and fabulous - I know I'm going to love using it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh whqat fun, this is so cute.

The Country Rose said...

Oh my gosh, this little gingerman is soooooo cute!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this card!

Barb

Patty Williams said...

OMgoodness...isn't that just too dang adorable!