Monday, November 19, 2007

Snowman Joy


This is a fun card I made yesterday using some more of my new Gina K stamps. Can you tell that I am totally hooked on these? LOL!

The main image and sentiment are both from the North Pole stamp set.

First, stamped snowflakes and swirls on my background snowflake paper using baby blue VersaColor ink. Next I tore white cardstock to make my snow for the bottom, then layered it on the blue snowflake background.

I stamped the snowman on the background layer, then again on a piece of white cardstock. As always, I used Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

On the image stamped on white cardstock, I colored the snowman with Tombow markers, then cut it out and adhered it over the image stamped on my background. I used foam mounting tape to pop it up for a little dimension. Then I adhered three tiny buttons using JudiKins Diamond Glaze Adhesive . For the top of his cap I used a drop or so of White Liquid Applique .

The snowflake at the top is a Heidi Swapp clear ghost shape snowflake. Is that pretty, or what??? I used Icicle Stickles Glitter Glue to make it sparkle. After it dried I put a blue gemstone in the center and adhered it to the card with a glue dot. The snow on the torn white layer is Stickles Frosted Lace .

I hope I didn't leave out anything. But if I did please don't hesitate to email me.

So....do you all have huge Thanksgiving plans? Will there be lots of cooking going on at your house this week?

The current plan is that my family will all be here....my sons and their families (which includes my adorable 6 grandchildren)! :-) I purchased and printed the cute little calendars from A Muse for the 5 and 7 year old grands to stamp and decorate after lunch. They will just love that! I always have a new project for them to make when they come, and they enjoy it so much!

If you haven't seen the calendars, please go to A Muse and make your purchase. All funds go to a charitable organization, the Scleroderma Research Foundation. They have already raised over $300, and A Muse is matching that contribution. Very admirable, indeed.

I'll be back tomorrow night with something new. Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Too cute, wonderful card, love your cute little snowman

Amy said...

This card is adorable Michelle!

Alex said...

This is really cute Michelle - love that snowman! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Love this card Michelle!!!

mimiburroughs said...

Too cute...Love that skinny snowman...and that background looks just like a blizzard! Thanks for sharing such great ideas!!

Paula said...

What a great sparkly snowman. It's so cute. I just love it!! He looks like he needs a good feed though!! LOL!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

This is a great card...love it!