Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Christmas Thanks


I thought I should make a thank you card that I can use this year for Christmas gifts, and I decided on these great Gina K stamps! After all, we ALL have a few thank you cards to send for Christmas gifts we received, don't we?

The stamps are from a Gina K Designs set called Simple Pleasures .



I stamped the main image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

After I selected my designer paper, I chose markers in shades to match the paper, then colored the image using Tombow markers and a Tombow blender pen. For added interested I paper pierced the corners of the stamped image.

I used my SU! oval punches for the sentiment, and popped them up on my Designer Label punched in green. I also used this punch twice more on the cranberry cardstock, then mounted one of each behind the green punched piece, one just above, and one just below.

The corners were punched with my Concave Corner punch, then I used Red Geo Shapes Sparkler Stickers in each corner.

So....I think this is a great thank you for a Christmas gift. But just changing the designer paper and colors, it could easily be a thank you card for a gift receiveid on ANY occasion.

The designer paper is from Basic Grey Figgy Pudding collection.

I sincerely thank each of you for your continued support. And I wish you the very happiest Thanksgiving with your friends and family.

6 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

This is so pretty Michelle! I especially love all the details...the paper piercing and the way you've layered the sentiment. I would have never thought to layer the designer label punch the way you did.
Have a happy happy Thanksgiving! Smiles, Pam :)

Alex said...

This is really pretty Michelle! The details you did are amazing - love the paper piercing, this is always a fave for me! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kerry Johnson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and all your grandchildren! We would love to see pics of the stamped Amuse calendars if you have time to take pics. Enjoy!

Alhambra Club said...

What great thank you cards, love the paper and your coloring

Anonymous said...

You add the neatest details to your cards! I love the piercing and the little red geo shapes!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :)

Allison Rankin said...

This looks super! I have colored that image 3 times and I have yet to make a card with it...this gives me courage!