Monday, May 14, 2007

Birthday Candles


This is a birthday card I made for my older son a few days ago. I knew he wouldn't care if it wasn't extremely masculine, so long as the colors weren't girly. And I was trying to be careful not to go overboard with embellishments that might "frill it up". (Guys hate that, you know!) LOL!


The stamp is a classic from Penny Black called Party Candles. I stamped using VersaFine Black Onyx ink, then colored using my favorite Tombow markers. The patterned paper is from Memory Box...some I had been hoarding! Don't you just love those colors! And the ribbon is from May Arts.

Thanks for checking in today. I hope your day is a great one!

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Cheerful, colourful, and not girly! LOL! Hope he liked it!

Alhambra Club said...

Cute card, know what you mean about masculine cards, I always want to add a flower or a bow and that just cannot be.