Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Polka Dot Flowers?

I've gotta tell you, this card was really FUN to make!

I started with Hero Arts Big Flowers clear stamp set, and stamped the polka dot flower 4 times...once each on different paper. As you can see from the sample, each of the smaller three was cut away to layer smaller flowers on top of the polka dot flower. I stamped the leaf twice, then colored in a few of the dots with a Tombow Marker. The cardstock used for the yellow flower is Sunflower Medium Prismatics .

All the designer paper is different patterns from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop paper pad.

The sentiment is from JustRite Stampers Seeds of Kindness . It was cut and embossed using Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities . I added a bit of Yellow Stickles to the butterfly on the sentiment. Clear Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest were added for texture and balance.

Thanks for stopping by to spend a few moments of your day with me.

11 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

AWESOME card! Love it!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...The colors really stand out...I like it a lot...

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Michelle...I SOOOO love those big, gorgeous flowers...WOW!!! I can tell I need me some new papers, gf!!!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is awesome!!! I love that paper and you did such a nice job combining the patterns.

Flowers said...

Beautiful cards ! These florals are gorgeous and nice job illustrating them!

Bev J. said...

Love that pretty card-great papers used. tfs

Holly said...

How FUN!!!!!!! Love this big funky polka dotty flower and these papers!!!

Susie said...

Great idea and cute paper. Nicely done!

Sabine said...

Your paper pieces are awesome! Love this paper line so much!!!!

Luv 2 Create said...

Such a cute card! Love the paper you chose. This card would brighten anyone's day.
Marcie

Leslie Miller said...

Love this! It's so darn fun and it makes me happy! The perfect kind of card.