Sunday, May 16, 2010

Go Bananas!

Even though I didn't in much stamping time this weekend, I did manage to get a lot of other things done and crossed off my ever-growing list! I did, however, take time to play along in a challenge. Actually, this is for TWO challenges. I can't believe I managed to do THAT!

The first challenge is from JustRite Inspirations to create a card for kids. I also used the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 69 for my layout!

The image I used is from the JustRite Let's Celebrate 2" Square stamp set. I stamped twice on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored using Tombow Markers . I cut the monkey and banana from the second stamping and popped it up with foam tape for dimension.


I made the decorative mat using my new Martha Stewart Optic Dot Punch Set . All the designer paper on the card is from the NEW Cosmo Cricket Delovely paper pad. The Aqua Rhinestones were added for a little bling. The yellow cardstock is Primatics Classic Yellow .

The inside of the card is blank. I think it would be perfect to tuck a little money inside to send a deserving grandchild for a great report card. I feel sure they will agree. :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Carol L said...

super cute card Michelle! I love the sketch and great papers you used!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the dimension on the monkey and banana, fun colors and layout...gotta go check that out on Karen's blog.

Karen Giron said...

Super cute little monkey!! I love how he's popped out a bit - so fun! AND I'm LOVING that new paper!!!

Jo said...

Oh that is so fun!

Leslie Miller said...

More cuteness with this set! I love the idea of a money card that says "go bananas" on the outside. Tee hee! Perfect!