Sunday, May 25, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge

As hard as it is to imagine, this is my first ever cupcake card! Yep, it's true! I didn't have any cupcake stamps. I know, I know...I have A LOT of cupcake stamps in the store. I just didn't have any in my personal collection until now.

When I was trying to find a little inspiration for something to stamp today I remembered how much I always enjoy Taylor's Cupcake Challenge , so I decided to play along.

The stamp used to hold the cupcake is JudiKins At Your Service . And what better to put on the tray than a cupcake? LOL!



The cupcake stamp is from Hero Arts Cupcakes Clear Design stamp set. I stamped the cupcake twice and cut it out. For the second cupcake I cut out just the icing and flower. I used White Opal Liquid Pearls for my icing, and sprinkled a little glitter over it while it was still wet. The icing is adhered to the cupcake using Scotch Mounting Tape to give it some dimension.

I stamped the flower portion of the cupcake stamps four more times, cutting out each of them. One went on top of the cake, and three are down the left side of the card. For the center of each of the flowers I used a Robin's Nest Dew Drop adhered with a Mini Glue Dot .

The designer paper is from Heidi Grace.

Thanks Taylor...great challenge!

I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I love your first cupcake card!
Love the double layer,it looks really neat! TFS!

Taylor said...

So cute! Love the cupcake on the serving platter! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!

Gabriela said...

This card makes me so happy (but then again all your cards bring me such joy). The Liquid Appliqué is sheer genius when used as "frosting". The tiny dew drops are just precious, but I think it's just color combinations that make this card extra sweet. If you don't hear from me for a while it will be because I went into a diabetic coma after gazing at this cupcake for so long.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Michelle! Don't feel bad, I don't have any cupcakes in my collection either. . .at least I don't think so! :) Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

YUMMY! I almost feel like I can reach out and stick my finger in the frosting!

Very festive!!

Jennifer :)