Sunday, May 18, 2008

Enjoy!


I took the time to play in the Featured Stamper's Challenge today on Splitcoast. It was a gallery that I hadn't been to before, and I loved cruising through it to see all her fabulous cards! The Featured Stamper today is Dawnsing . Be sure to check out her gallery.

The card I chose to CASE can be seen HERE . I changed the colors, paper and stamps, but kept her layout.

All stamps used on this card are from the Hero Arts Trees, Birds and Messages clear stamp set.



I stamped the bird and branch on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The branch was colored using Tombow (water based) markers and a blender pen. To color the bird I used Tombow markers and a damp paint brush to get a lighter and softer look. I was attempting to match the color of the bird to my ribbon. I guess I got close enough.

The designer paper is from the Memory Box Sugar collection, and the 1"satin ribbon is from May Arts. I added 3 Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest for more texture and interest.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

Beautiful card!!! I LOVE pink & green!!!...and birds! Thanks for sharing...have been missing you...I know you're busy with your new 'stuff' coming in...you're doing a great job! Keep it up...jackie

Carolyn King said...

wow...gorgeous Michelle!!! love this!

Amy Sheffer said...

Stunning! The colors are gorgeous, and the ribbon is sensational!

Anonymous said...

You struck home with my favorite color combo once again! Beautiful card! Love that satiny ribbon and those dew drop accents. Great job!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the soft, pretty colors!

Crafty Connie said...

Gorgeous card! Love the color combo.

Charlene Austin said...

Love it!!