Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Studio - Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the photos of my studio.

The first picture is just to the right of my Making Memories shelf, looking above the arched window. I bought these wooden letters somewhere a while ago, then altered them with dp in colors to coordinate with my room. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture, but you get the idea.

Just to the right of the window I have two shelves holding some of my Primas, and some of my treasured cards, as well as others that I have made recently.

The next picture is my computer desk. I promise you, this is as clean as it ever gets! My desk is also by Elfa, purchased at The Container Store. It has a row of drawers on the right, which has a lot of storage.
I don't think you can see it well, but just to the left of those drawers is a 12 x 12 Iris Cart. It's really handy for a lot of embellishments, chipboard, rub ons, etc. Each of the drawers is organized, and very handy here.

The silver bulletin board over my computer desk is magnetic. I found it at IKEA on one of my trips to Dallas, and I love having it there. The things on it are constantly changing, except for pictures of the grands.

Just to the right of my computer desk is another Elfa storage drawer system. The top it holds my ribbon storage containers. There is also ribbon in the top 3 drawers of the Elfa. Can one EVER have enough ribbon? :-) The drawers beneath hold paints, embellishments, and lots of ink pads and reinkers. I am actually pretty good about buying the reinker when I buy the ink pad, and it has served me well.



To the right of the Elfa unit is my 8.5" x 11" cardstock storage. What can I say about that? I love cardstock....in every color! And I love it that I can see what I have at a glance.

Primarily, I use Bazzill cardstock. But to be painfully honest, any paper that's pretty will manage to find it's way here eventually.



The last picture for tonight is the double closet. For those of you who think I'm super organized....just look at the mess in there!

You can see my 12 x 12 cardstock stored on the floor in Karen Foster paper holders. It is sorted by color, and it's really pretty handy. When I'm looking for a particular color I can pick up the whole container and bring it to my work table to match it under my OTT light.

There is a little of everything in this closet, from beads and glitter to alterables. I also store my notecards and envelopes in here. Really, I think it's ALL "good stuff" so I haven't been willing to part with it. Maybe someday?

I will post the last part of the pictures of my studio tomorrow night if I have time to write the post. I am expecting a shipment from Memory Box in the next day or so. Yep...new stuff! So if it doesn't get here tomorrow I will have time to finish up on the studio pictures.

Thanks so much for stopping by....more of something tomorrow.

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great creative area you have, thanks for sharing.

Kathi said...

WOW!!!! Love seeing the rest of your "stuff". Love, Love, Love all the colors of cardstock displayed like that. Hope to add more to my Elfa someday. One can never have too much can they? Of any stamping stuff right?

Carolyn King said...

YOU ARE organized girl! What a fun place to play...(sigh...why couldnt we be airforce..lol!)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Yes! I do believe I could be very happy playing in your studio. The colors of cardstock and embellishments and EVERYTHING is like being in an old fashioned candy store! I guess that is why we call this "eye candy!"

Thanks for this fun tour of your studio.

~ Jennifer :)

mimiburroughs said...

Love your 'space'...it is so fun!

Jeni Glee said...

GASP!!!!! This is FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

the more pictures you share of your studio, the more "stuff" I want to buy!! LOL Seriously, this is such a wonderful, ORGANIZED place to work (yes, even the closet!!) It might seem like a mess to you, but it's a very organized space for me! I love how you arrange and store your supplies and to answer your question - NO! one can NEVER have enough ribbon! LOL TFS the tour of your little piece of the world. Love it:)