Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Studio - Part 1

Since I didn't have a chance to do any stamping today, I decided to take photographs of my studio. I've had a number of requests for them. And to be honest, it's never quite clean enough to have a permanent record of the mess! So....this is as good as it gets!

As you walk through the door, the first picture you see is just to the left of the doorway. It's what I call my cutting area. The white basket on top of the stack of Rubbermaid drawers is for paper scraps that need to be filed away. It's always full! Just to the right of that on top of my counter is my Scor-It and Genesis paper trimmer. I especially love the light on the paper cutter. But frankly, the whole thing was pretty pricey. AND I was on a waiting list for almost a year in order to get it!

The next picture is the same area. You can see my Big Shot there. All my Nestabilities are in CD cases stored in the blue cubes underneath the clock. My Gina K stamps are also stored there.

The third picture is the rest of my counter top. My Sizzix machine and Sizzix dies are handy here. Frankly, I don't use them much, but when the Grands come to play with me they use some of them. Of course, the TV and DVD player are a must! When I'm sitting at my stamping desk, the view of the cutting area and TV is directly in front of me.

Going to the right of the stamping storage and paper cutting area, you will see my Making Memories shelf. I like it a lot, and am happy to have found it at Michael's (with a 50% off coupon)! That makes it much sweeter!

The last picture for tonight is a shot of the stamp storage system I use. I have 7 of these in a row, which forms the counter top for my cutting area. The entire row of them is 10 1/2 feet long. And the counter top is about 42" high. Each unit has 10 drawers, so it holds a whole lotta stamps and stuff! They are from The Container Store, and are made by Elfa.

They put them on sale usually in January of every year, and that's when I bought mine. I even bought the labels for the outside of the drawers but just haven't gotten around to that quite yet.


I forgot to mention that the shelves on the wall just above my stamp storage are also from The Container Store, and made by Elfa. I love it that they are adjustable. I'm constantly changing things around, so that's a necessity for me. They put those on sale sometime in the summer. Since we don't have a Container Store here, I've hauled it all back from Dallas, and made several special trips when it's on sale.

I will have more pictures of the studio later this week in another post. I didn't want to overload one post with a lot of graphics so it would take too long to upload.

I plan on doing some stamping this weekend, so in addition to more studio pictures, I should have some cards as well.

By the way...I haven't forgotten about the questions several of you asked. I will also address those real soon.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're having a great weekend!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love to see people's work spaces where they create their artwork. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love peeking into your craft room! It's like I'm there lookin' over your shoulder :) You are so organized with lots of great storage containers. TFS this little piece of your world. Oh..... one more thing......got any stamps?!?! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

What a great place to stamp and create! Love all of your organizational tips. It is always so fun to see other people's creative places. TFS: Tinla

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS !!!!!!!!

That is a great space and so organized! And so many goodies!

Thanks!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

How fun to see your workspace! Now we can visualize the artist in her work place!

TFS
Jennifer :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I wish my stamp room looked that organized! :)

Anonymous said...

OmGosh!!! Michelle!!!! I'm dripping with envy!!! When can I come stamp with you??? :-)

Anonymous said...

Ugh...this new blogger comment system is not always registering my name. Sorry about that! (I'm the anonymous commenter from above...hehehee)

Jeni Glee said...

What a gorgeous and creative space you have made for yourself!

Diane said...

I envy you soooooo much,lucky girl!
It looks awesome!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Thanks for sharing your space Michelle! I love it! Love seeing how you store your stamps and that MM shelf looks beautiful filled and mounted! Got my stamp set - thanks so much for the awesome service, as usual!!!!