Thursday, June 28, 2007

Masculine Birthday Card


Masculine cards are really difficult for me. I always want to add ribbon or something really pretty, which doesn't work for guys.

When I started this card, this is not where I thought I was going with it. I don't know about you, but I will admit that happens for me a lot!

The background stamp is from Paper Inspirations. It's called Cat Tails . I colored it with Tombow markers then spritzed with water and stamped it on cream colored cardstock. The birthday stamp is also from Paper Inspirations, and is called Birthday Calligraphy . I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder.

The background paper is from My Mind's Eye. I used a little Vintage Photo distress ink to age it, as well as sponging the ink around the edges of the cream birthday panel.

Even though this wasn't what I initially thought I was going to do with this card, it has grown on me, and I like it. Now I just need a worthy man to send it to! LOL!

I hope you all have a great Friday!

9 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a great masculine card. Love those colors!

Angel said...

I love this. It is the perfect masculine card!!! TFS!

Alhambra Club said...

You hit the mark, it is masculine and fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! (and I mean that in a manly way!).
The colors are perfect!

Shari Carroll said...

I love this Michelle! I haven't seen a cat tail in for-ever, how cute is that? Your color choices are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card - we have lots of cat tail in our area & I actually have a "bouquet" of them in a stone pitcher in my sunroom.
Masculine cards are the most difficult for me also & we have mostly men in our family!

Pam Speidel said...

This is a PERFECT guy card! Love the colors, the image, the layout... :)

Allison Rankin said...

Love this...I think I may get the Christmas stamp like this one!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning...I LOVE these two stamps together. Wonderful.