Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just A Note....



Well, I think we're through with the worst part of moving our offices. I worked a lot this week, and couldn't wait to have today to myself! I soooooo need a few days off...something like a vacation? But maybe that will happen once we are all settled in our new space.

My number one priority in the creative department today was to play with my new Bind-It-All machine.

I will be the first to admit that my first project isn't perfect. I think there is a little bit of a learning curve with the machine. And I also think that their instructions could have been a bit better. But apparently it was good enough for me to create this cute little note book with the information I had at hand.

The front and back of this notebook started out as the cardboard of a cereal bar box. I cut them to size, then used my corner rounder to trim the front edges. I cut my background paper about 1/2" larger than my cardboard so I would have plenty of room to cover. Using a glue stick, I completely covered the background paper with glue, then adhered to the cardboard front and back. Before I put on the glue, I trimmed excess paper from the rounded corners to save on bulk.

The inside pages are pink text paper I had on hand. I cut them about 1/2" smaller than my book covers, then used my corner rounder to trim the outside edges.

It was a fun project that I will make again...and again. Now that I've played with it a little bit I can see so many possibilities for this machine!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

The book is great, I will certainly be looking at my cereal boxes in a new way. I received the binder last week and have not had a chance to play with it yet, but hope to soon.

Shari Carroll said...

Oh Michelle,
I love the white binding...this is adorable!!!
I can't wait to play with mine. What a great tip with the cereal box ..I'm gonna steal that idea from you.

can I add your blog to my blog? wanted to ask first. :o)

Patti said...

I have a binding machine ... not the same one as you ... and never in 1000 years thought to use something like a cereal box to make a notebook. Wow! Great idea! I think yours looks fantabulous!!!