Monday, April 30, 2007

Penny Black Smitten


This is a stamp I haven't used in a while...and I just love it. It's a happy stamp, don't you think? It is called Smitten, and is by Penny Black.

The background paper for this card is from Gin X. They have some awesome paper, and I had to cut the last sheet of this one to make the card. Just scraps are left....wah!

I stamped the background for this image using Penny Black Striped Patch with Marvy yellow dye ink. I stamped it twice to make a plaid pattern. On top of that I stamped Penny Black Smitten with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins clear detail EP.

The image was colored using Tombow markers in colors the compliment the background paper. I layered cardstock in coordinating colors to enhance the image, then used foam tape to adhere so it would have some dimension.

After I completed all the layering and putting the card together, I added Stickles Crystal Glitter Glue to the flowers and vase for a little sparkle.
I just could NOT embellish this card. I tried ribbon, Prima flowers, brads, and every other thing I could think of. To me, this card just did not need more embellishments without taking away from the main image. So for today, less IS more.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

The card has such strong colors and the images are so bold it doesnt need any embellishments - it is perfect. Good job :)