Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Penny Black Dicentra


Until I bought this stamp, I had never heard of a dicentra. Have you? And if it were not for the name on the stamp, I still really wouldn't have any idea what a dicentra looks like, much less what color it is. So I just went with whatever moved me at the time when I was coloring this beautiful Penny Black stamp with my Tombows. Just for fun, I added a little Crystal Stickles glitter glue to the flowers and stems.

I made the mistake of not choosing any patterned paper before I chose my Tombow colors. Therefore, I found myself in a bit of a pinch. (No surprise here!) Of all the patterned paper I have, I didn't have anything I really liked with this stamp. So....I used one of my fave Penny Black stamps called Penmanship to make my own background. Don't you just love that stamp?

This is most certainly not one of my favorite creations, but I do love the elegance of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The card is really beautiful. Simple and very elegant. The stickles really add a nice effect on the flowers.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! I just added your blog link to the main list on Splitcoast Bloggers. Happy bloggin!
-Julee T.