Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pieces of Quiet

As you can see, I just couldn't wait to get one of those NEW Penny Black stamps inky!
This set is called Pieces of Quiet , and it's from the Slapstick collection that was just released. I stamped it on watercolor paper with Onyx Black Versafine ink, embossed with Detail Clear embossing powder, then colored using Tombow Markers .

The sentiment, also included in the stamp set was stamped on Intense Yellow Prismatics cardstock, then cut and embossed using Spellbinders Labels Eight . The red cardstock is Classic Red Prismatics .


The designer paper is from the October Afternoon Fly A Kite paper pad. It's currently out of stock, but more are en route, and scheduled to here Wednesday night. The buttons are from my stash, and are threaded with May Arts Burlap String .

I hope you all have had a great weekend. I know I have...I'm just sad that it's coming to and end and that it's back to the hustle and bustle of work. At least now I know how I can get some "pieces of quiet". :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Pretty coloring, great papers, and the sentiment is too cute!!

Carol L said...

This is adorable with that sweet image and those colorful button accents! I love the sentiment!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just super precious Michelle!! Love the happy colors and how you added the sentiment at the bottom!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Absolutely adorable and your color combinations as well as coloring are just wonderful. They make me smile..so sweet!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Totally adorable Michelle, what an adorable stamp!

Bev J. said...

Another cute Penny Black image-neat card you made-great colors.

Susie said...

What's not to love about Penny Black stamps?

This little guy is so sweet. I love the colors, layout, and the buttons were the perfect choice to embellish.

I really like the way you incorporated the sentiment too.