Sunday, October 18, 2009

To Have and to Hug

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! It was a busy one for me...ALL of the grands were here, so there was lots of activity. I took a couple of pictures, so I'll be sure to post them later in the week.

Before the little darlings arrived yesterday I managed to make this card. The main image is Penny Black's To Have and to Hug rubber stamp. I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored using Tombow Markers and a damp paint brush. It was then cut and embossed using Labels One Nestabilities . I distressed the edges using Tea Dye Distress Ink .

The sentiment is from the JustRite Stampers A Merry Little Christmas borders & centers set. I stamped it on the designer paper, cut out one of the stars and adhered it to the top of the tree.

The snowflake was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Create A Flake 2 , then distressed with Tea Dye Distress Ink . I then put a light coat of Mono Multi Liquid Glue over the snowflake and covered it with Krystallos Glitter Shards . May Arts Olive Burlap String was used to thread the button and tie the bow.


The sentiment on the inside is Penny Black's Merriest Christmas . It was cut out with a Curved Rectangles Nestabilities die.

The decorative paper on the bottom was punched with Martha Stewart's Arch Lattice Edge Punch . The tree was cut from the designer paper.

All designer paper used on this card is from My Mind's Eye Merry Days of Christmas. The cardstock is Blush Red Dark Prismatics and Spring Willow Medium .


I made a matching envelope for the card using a sheet of designer paper from the Merry Days of Christmas and my new Square Envelope Template . You can see that the paper was double sided, so there was no need for lining the envelope. Cool, huh?

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight. I'm going to soak up the rest of my Sunday evening before it slips away!

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

*To Have and to Hug*...oh my gosh, what a CUTE name for this CUUUUTE stamp. Love your card! Your details on the inside are just as beautiful, and I love the envelope make out of that polka dot pattern. I love that DP!

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle - your card is super adorable!!! What a sweet image!!! Hope you survived this weekend - LOL??? Hugs ~S~

Carol L said...

I'm betting you had a blast with all the grands coming to visit:)
Great card, love all the "cute" you inserted, and the envie is fabulous!

Linda Carson said...

What a FUN card! I would like to know what you use to seal the envelope once the card is enclosed.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

DARLING!! Love that sweet lil guy!! And the inside is super fabulous with the tree and that wonderful use of the border punch!! Love your envelope too Michelle!! FAbulous!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet card. I loooove that cute envelope too!
--Hugs Becca