Monday, October 19, 2009

Crazy Day!

What a day! I had every intention of posting a card tonight, but life got in the way of writing the post. Both of my sons called, I had packages coming in, and some to wrap for going out, new Kaiser Craft paper to package for the store. You get the idea!

On top of all that, I worked late...so I didn't even get a good start. My boss announced to our staff today that he is being deployed to Iraq for 12 months, and he is leaving in January. SO...that changes my life significantly for the next 12 months or so! Oh well, we do what we must!

Anyway...I wanted you to see these pics of the grands. They were here this weekend and I snapped just a few. It's hard to get them to stand still for very long. And those of you with kids know that there is ALWAYS one who doesn't want their picture made. You can tell from the pics who it is.
Even if they ARE mine, I have to admit they are pretty cute.

Short story...Ashlyn is my little granddaughter. She just turned 4 years old last week, and she is quite the pill with all those older brothers.

Saturday night we were all in my studio. I had everyone working on their own project so it was unusually quiet as they were working. Ashlyn was sitting on the floor coloring some images I had stamped for her when she burst out in song..."I love God, Beer is good, and people are cra-zy." It was obvious that was the only verse to the song she knew because she sang it over and over again. How embarassing is THAT???

As they left for Sunday school the next morning I warned her dad that he may need a little talk with her before she sang it to her Sunday school class! Jesus Loves Me is always a better choice for a 4 year old, don't you think? LOL!


All the kids in this pic are my grandchildren, except for the older girl. She is Jacob's new "friend". She went to church with him Sunday, then came to my house for lunch. It's the first time he's brought a girl here. Whatever that means, I can assure you I'm not prepared to deal with it yet!

Thanks so much for indulging me. I will be back with a card for you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Ah Michelle, these pictures just warmed my heart! What a great looking family you have! I love how the oldest boy has his arms protectively around his younger siblings!! TFS such heartwarming photos...you must be such a proud Mimi :) I think the song your DGD was singing is a popular song on country radio, but I can just imagine your shock at hearing her singing it! LOL Too funny! Been there/done that :)

Betty said...

Just wanted to let you know the store website isn't working....
:(

Denise Marzec said...

LOL at Ashlyn's song...hehehe!!! Yeah, the real words to the song would go over MUCH better in Sunday School, LOL!

They're A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, Michelle!!