Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Birds Galore!


I took a little time this morning to play along with this week's featured stamper challenge on SCS. The featured stamper this week is annascreations, and you can see her awesome gallery HERE . I had not been to her gallery before, and she truly does have some fabulous creations there!

You can see her card that I chose to case HERE . I used the same stamp and layout, but changed everything else.

The main image is from Inkadinkado's Birds Galore clear stamp set. This is the very first time I've used these stamps. When they were all the craze I couldn't get a set because they sold out so quickly!

I inked the bird with Ranger Fired Brick Distress Ink, and the leaves were inked with Peeled Paint Distress ink. I stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock, then used my rectangle Nestabilities to cut and emboss. I sponged a little Tea Dye ink around the edges.

The designer paper is two different patterns from Fancy Pants Happy Holidays . The Burgundy Woven Velvet ribbon is May Arts, and the cardstock is Blush Red Prismatics and Herbal Green Prismatics dark.

The Merry Christmas sentiment on the front is from the Hero Arts Holiday Messages clear stamp set. They are the perfect size stamps for small spaces! The red berries are pearls from Kaiser Craft .

The sentiment on the inside is Northwoods All Nature Whispers . I thought it was very appropriate for the bird on the front. Sorry for the crooked picture. I was in a hurry to finish so I can TRY to make myself get in the attic to start getting out the Christmas decorations! And I really need to get my tree up today too! Geez...where IS my Christmas spirit? LOL!

Thanks for stopping by. And I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday!

12 comments:

Janet said...

Lovely....just lovely.

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwww, I looooove that sentiment. So beautiful!...perfect with the bird image on the front. Love the red berries too. :)

Charlene H. said...

I like the colors you chose. Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

What an elegant card, Michelle! Love the red berries and the variety of the DP. Well colored, and superbly blocked.

Atty said...

Very nice, like the blocked look, very vintage looking card.

Joan Ervin said...

This is a real beauty, Michelle....Love the bird image and the beautiful colors, papers, ribbon, berries, sentiment....everything is sooo gorgeous!!! Thanks for the goodies you added to my order, too....you are wonderful, Missy!!! BTW, I expect a visit when my room is completed!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

what an elegant card Michelle! I love how you did the berries too. And that sentiment is perfect with that stamp!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and case - Michelle!!! The card is fab inside and out!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great take on the FS challenge! I love the dsp you chose, and you just can't miss with those nesties! Love it!

Patty Williams said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors!

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful!!! LOVE the corners on the inside!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooooo!!! This is a real beauty Michelle!! I love the papers! And that velvet ribbon is yummy!! Gorgeous colors!! Gorgeous card!