Friday, November 21, 2008

Indulge me...okay?


I mentioned in my blog post last night that I was going out of town today for Grandparents Day at the grands school. What a wonderful day it was!

I really try not to put too many personal things on my blog...but sometimes "Mimis" just have to share when we are so proud that we can barely stand it!

The first picture is from the play at their school today. The star in that photo with the sunglasses and leather jacket is Dylan...my 8 year old grandson. He was "The Fonz"! Can you tell by his stance and the way the girls are swooning? LOL! See...I'm not the ONLY ONE who thinks he's cute! :-)


I really did have a WONDERFUL TIME, and I'm so glad I could go. And yes, it was SO WORTH getting up at 4:30 this morning to get there in time! I even got new school pictures today, and they were so darned cute that I'm sharing those too! This adorable little boy is my 8 year old grandson Dylan...aka The Fonz! He has three younger siblings...two brothers, and the youngest is his 3 year old sister. I have to tell you that he is the VERY BEST BIG BROTHER. And I am so proud of him in every way. He sets a wonderful example for the others, and he is so loving and caring. Okay...I'm bragging...I know! :-)

This is Christian. He is a younger brother to Dylan. He is 6, and about the sweetest child ever. He is very well mannered, incredibly considerate and thoughtful, and such a cutie! He is also a great brother to the others...in every way imaginable.

I am so blessed that my son and his wife are such good and loving parents. They are teaching these children to love God, respect their fellow man, and how to be good citizens. What more can a grandparent want? Yes, I truly AM blessed!

Okay...you have indulged me enough, and I thank you for that. In my next post I will go back to cards. :-)

As most of you know, Ali was airlifted to Seattle Children's Hospital last night. You can follow her progress through SCS On This Thread . We appreciate your prayers for Laurie and Ali as they struggle through this difficult time.

Have a fabulous weekend...I will be back soon with something new.

14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, I'm so glad you shared this post. Those school shots are wonderful. They're such adorable kiddos. ...the Happy Days pic...OH MY WORD, crack me up! He looks very cool in his shades and leather coat. I used to LOVE watching that show!!

Have a good night, Mimi. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Michelle, you are such a blessed Mimi! These children are as cute as a button and you must be so incredibly proud! Dylan looks completely comfortable with his Fonzie look, and I'm sure the play was just delightful to see. TFS these new school photos - they're just too TOO cute!!

Joan Ervin said...

Another proud Grandma...I posted DGD pics today to!!! I just love the Fonz pic, Michelle...too, too cute and the school pictures of you DGS's are wonderful...they are sooo handsome!!! Or maybe I should say cool dudes....you are sooo blessed, for sure!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Yep, they are way too cute for words!!! They are going to be heartbreakers! Thanks for sharing them with us-I love to listen to proud grandmas!!! :)
((HUGS)) and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Sandy said...

You grandson makes a cool fonz! I enjoyed seeing their pictures. Sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Carol Parcell said...

I love reading about people's personal lives. Seems like I get to know the blogger better! If I had a blog and a grandchild.....

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my word! I would have swooned over "The Fonz" if I'd been there too! Your grandchildren are darling (ok....I'm sure the boys wouldn't want to be refered to as darling, but they ARE!)

I'm so happy you shared these photos. Ahhh...nothing can make a smile bigger and brighter than sharing your children/grandchildren. :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

You have every right to be proud of these precious grands!! Love the *Fonz* pic!!! And their school pics are just precious!! I'm so glad you had an awesome day with these two angels!!

Jami said...

Such wonderful boys - no wonder you are so proud!! Thanks for sharing with us - I enjoy the peek into your personal life!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Well it was about time you shared pictures of your grandsons (at least two of them). They're quite handsome young men and I'm so happy for you. It certainly sounds that you have 4 excellent reasons to be proud. I wish you many more blessings. Thank you also for the link to Ali. Heartbraking to say the least.

Janine said...

Wow Such cute boys and fabulous work that you have done!!

Carolyn King said...

That is just the cutest thing EVER! Love the Fonz---what a ham. Your grandchildren are so handsome and from your post, sounds as if they are as sweet on the inside. You have a lot of reason to be proud!

Glad you had a great visit!

Darlene said...

How cute are these little guys!!! You have every right to be proud!! Dylan looks like he stole the show portraying "the Fonz" ... how awesome is that!! From one grandmother to another ... thanks for sharing!!

Jennifer Scull said...

these photos are all adorable with a capitol AAAAAAAA!!!!!! what handsome boys! :) and how blessed they are to have you as a grandma!

and I have posted the info about Ali on my blog as well to keep as many people updated as we can. they need all the love & prayers they can get.