Thursday, April 9, 2015

Rolodex Art - Part 2

If you missed Part 1, you can find it HERE.  This is Part 2 of the Rolodex I made for my friend's birthay.  Just a few more cards for you:
I used a Stampin' Up scallop punch for the border.  The sentiment stamp is a Plain Jane from The Verve Store.  I didn't see this particular one on her website, so it may be sold out or discontinued.  
The sentiment on this card is from a sticker sheet I found at Hobby Lobby.  The decorative strip and flower are Washi tape from my stash.

For this card I printed the sentiment from my computer then cut it out to make it fit the space.  The bird was cut from book paper, then colored with Dylusions Postbox Red ink.  I added washi tape and drew in a few music notes with a black pen.  The card was cut from a Spellbinders Labels 17 die.



Rolodex Card Backs

Rolodex Card Backs
Don't forget the backs of your cards.  This is a great opportunity to use your embossing folders, scraps of decorative paper, and stamps!

Just one more thing before I close.  I wanted to show you that you can make this especially personal by adding photos of family members.  I've blurred their faces, just because I thought I should.  Here are a few samples.  

This shape was cut with a Movers and Shapers Mini Ornamental die by Tim Holtz.  Such a perfect size for the Rolodex cards.  



For the tabs, I used various punches in my stash, plus a couple of dies from the Spellbinders Creative Tabs die set.  Love that one...and I use it a lot.

Just use what you have.  Experiment and have fun with it!  I know I did!

Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

you have truly done a lovely job on this entire gift for your friend! thank you for inspiring us to 'step out of the box' when coming up with gift ideas and projects to alter. :)

have a most wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!