Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blossom Birds


I know...this isn't my typical style. But I was in a "vintage" kind of mood when I created this card. I'm really anxious to use this stamp again to see what I can do with vibrant colors.

The stamp is Blossom Birds by Penny Johnson for Stampavie . Instead of using my usual Tombow Markers to color, I decided to use Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol to obtain a lighter and more muted look.

The sentiment is from the JustRite Stampers Friendship Blooms cling mounted stamp set.

The designer paper is from Melissa Frances . I added lots of distressing using Tim Holtz Distress Inks . The flowers were made with Martha Stewart Hydrangea punches. I added Mini Pearls to the center of each flower.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a sweet card. Love the layout.

Bev J. said...

Sweet image and love the flowers you made!