Thursday, January 1, 2009

I {heart} you

I played in my studio last night, and really enjoyed my quiet time. I decided to ink up this new stamp from Impression Obsession called Garden Heart Two . It's a cling mount stamp, so it's very affordable and economical to ship.

I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.


The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush. After coloring I just cut it out with my scissors, freehand style! No die cut was used. I stamped a background on Prismatics Crabapple Light cardstock (temporarily out of stock), using Impression Obsessionn's I {heart} you , stamped with VersaMark ink.

For the inside of the card I used the same sentiment, but stamped it in Onyx Black, then used my Classic Scallop Heart Nestabilities to cut and emboss. It was layered with Nestabilities Classic Heart .

The border punch used on the bottom is a Fiskars punch. The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Blush collection.

It was so nice having the day off today...but it's back to work for me tomorrow! I hope you all enjoyed your day as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Amy said...

Oh WOW! I love this heart Michelle! Your card is stunning. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Hugs,
Amy

Denise Marzec said...

Ooooh, these colors are so rich and elegant!!

mudmaven said...

This card is just gorgeous! So rich and elegant. The colors are spectacular! Great job - as always! ~chris

Anonymous said...

Love the heart card and I just had to write and tell you that Rose's Garden is one of the prettiest cards I have ever seen!! Also, you have a beautiful family, and I know you must be so proud of all of them :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle - this is the most elegant Valentine I've ever seen! It's wonderfully colored and your DP coordinates perfectly!

Marilyn Hitterman said...

I love the heart stamp and love how you colored it - very creative, Michelle!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Holy cow, Michelle!! Purely gorgeous card-AGAIN!!

retiredheather said...

Michelle, what a lovely card. I think it is stunning. Great colors and I think I need that stamp.
Hugs
Heather

Joan Ervin said...

Mighty purty Valentines, gf!!! Such gorgeous colors and I just love the IO heart stamp!!! The heart punched border is beautiful, too....I feel another shopping spree coming on!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What fabulous paper to showcase that gorgeous heart!! I ADORE that image!! What a gorgeous card Michelle!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh so beautiful! WOW! I'm still looking at it and admiring it.

WONDERFUL!

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle - this is such a beautiful card for Valentine's Day!!! The image is so pretty and your coloring makes it look devine!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable, Michelle!