Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Angel Baby


Yes...it's another Artful Stamper card. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! I think this little angel is so, so sweet. His name is James .

I stamped on watercolor paper using VersaMark ink, then embossed with white detail embossing powder.

The stamped image was colored with Tombow markers. Again, I used a damp paint brush for shading rather than a blender pen. I'm really beginning to like that technique!

I cut a piece of vellum and stamped just the halo of the angel, then embossed it with JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder. The vellum was adhered over the background cardstock layer which was Cuttlebugged (is that a word?) with the snowflakes folder.



I cut out the colored image, then cut the wing off the angel. It is adhered to the background layer. The rest of the angel is popped it up with Scotch foam tape for dimension.

All cardstock is from the Baby Blue Prismatics paper pack. To complete the card I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the angel's wings. I try to do that last so I don't smudge it before it dries.

I don't think I quite have these stamps out of my system yet....so I know you will be seeing another one soon. :-)

Thanks for stopping by tonight. I sincerely appreciate your sweet comments.

5 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just too, too sweet!! Love the vellum...as I'm sure Laurie will too...addicted that she is!! Darling!!

Cat Tidwell said...

What an awesome card! Love the embossing with the white powder, perfect for this image! Fantastic coloring too.

Christi Flores said...

This is VERY sweet!! Love it!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...how precious!! Your coloring and dimension look wonderful too!!

Anonymous said...

I can't stop looking at this darling image! The colors are perfectly done, and the vellum reminds me of angels. Love this one, keep 'em coming Michelle!!