Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ruffled Butterfly


I DO love this stamp! It is called Ruffled Butterfly and it is made by Stampendous.

I stamped it on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then colored and blended using my Tombow markers. After coloring I added PearlEx applied with Future Floor wax for sheen and a pearlescent look. After a few moments when it was dry, I applied Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue to the antenna and around the ruffles on the wings. I love the sparkle and dimension you can get from Stickles.

The sentiment is from Penny Black, and the ribbon is by May Arts. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but this ribbon is gorgeous! The background paper is from a mat stack by DCWV called Pocket full of Posies.

After assembling the card I laid a bead of Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue around the edge of the two main panels.

I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday tomorrow. As for me, I plan to spend my day in the pool! :-)

4 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, that is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love that card!! And I love your 'new look'!!!

My Little Hobby said...

Gorgeous coloring! The background paper looks so pretty with the butterfly image too.

Ila said...

This is So Pretty!! Love all the glitter and that beautiful stamp.