Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Agapanthus Cluster


I will admit that I was pretty much out of my comfort zone with this card. But that's a good thing...right? It helps us to grow in our abilities?

I do so love this stamp. It is from Stampendous and it's called Agapanthus Cluster . Isn't it beautiful?

The background paper I chose is what seemed to make it difficult for me. It's from the Romani Basic Grey collection. I have had this paper for some time, and can't ever quite make it work for me. It's beautiful paper...just not "me". So I was determined. This was my quest!

I stamped on white marl paper using Encore pink ink, then embossed with JudiKins Iridiscent Sparkle embossing powder. I colored the flowers with a Tombow marker.

To add interest to the card, I stamped the pink notecard with my SU! Linen stamp using Ranger Fired Brick ink. (The linen stamp is my very first SU! stamp purchase!) I also stamped it on the yellow panel. For texture, I stamped a piece of the same pink cardstock with the linen stamp and Fired Brick ink, then used a Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. I do love texture!

To finish the card I added Prima flowers and put a little bling in the center.

Not really my style, but it's a good thing to try something new and different.

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love the colors and that stamp.