Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's A Jungle Out There.....



Some days...that is soooooooo true! LOL!

I couldn't resist playing with my new Stampendous stamps today. The Chitango Safari monkey is just too cute. I stamped him with Versafine Onyx Black ink on watercolor paper, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder. Tombow markers were used to color and blend the image.

The colored panel was punched with the Marvy Mega Circle punch. I used my Coluzzle circle template to make a slightly larger circle in green, then used my Marvy Giga circle to punch the tan colored background. The doodling on the scalloped punch was done with the fine point of a brown Tombow marker.

The background for the card was stamped with Palm Fronds using Ancient Page Pine ink. The sentiment It's A Jungle was stamped with VersaMark Ink , then embossed using JudiKins Copper embossing powder.

I think I will send this card to my grands. They will get a real chuckle out of it, and that will make me happy. There is nothing better than their sweet smiles! :-)

Here's to a great 4th of July week...and a happy Monday!

5 comments:

Tammi said...

Love that monkey! Great Card.

Unknown said...

What a great card. My monkey stamps arrived on Saturday...and this has me totally inspired!!!! Love it!!!
Kris

Sharon said...

How adorable! What a great card idea and also a great card for a child.

sophia landry said...

This is adorable, I love that monkey, and the background looks perfect with it!

Pam Speidel said...

OMG Michelle, I absolutely LOVE this monkey and the way you've designed this card. It's SO cute!!! Your grandkids will love it! :)