Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Wish For You...

I had been dying to stamp with this Gina K flower stamp, but had been too busy working on Christmas cards and gifts. So tonight I decided to throw caution to the wind and just do it!

Unfortunately, I had to squeeze in stamping between answering my phone calls and making shrimp dip for the office party tomorrow. I would like to have spent a little more time perfecting this card, but I ran out of time. That's okay...it certainly won't be my last chance to play with this stamp!

The image is from the Gina K Designs Simple Pleasures stamp set.



I stamped the image using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. I colored using Tombow markers.

The blue scalloped border was made with a Martha Stewart embossing punch I bought at Michael's. I used the same punch for the scalloped red background behind the sentiment.

The designer paper is Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl, and the ribbon on the blue scalloped border is from my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight. I appreciate each and every one of you!

Now I need to go finish cooking for tomorrow's office party. A woman's work is never done! :-)

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is lovely

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous card! You just can't miss with this great dp from Cosmo Cricket! Your doodling around the stamped image enhances this card in such a subtle, complimentary way! Great job!

Katie said...

Wow, what a pretty card! Love the scallop border too! Katie

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I love all of the Martha Stewart punches and this is the first time I've seen this particular one used. It is beautiful. The whole card is perfectly delightful!

~ Jennifer

Unknown said...

Love this! It's just perfect!

Carolyn King said...

This card is beautiful--I LOVE It..and it is inspiring me to dig that stamp out! Have fun at your office party!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Lovely card, Michelle. That MS punch made my list of "favorite things."
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Godelieve said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very nice card! The scalloped behind the sentiment looks nice with the scallop behind the ribbon. MS makes some fun punches. Thanks for sharing. (This is one of my favorite Gina K images).