Friday, December 21, 2007

Money Holder

Sorry I'm so late posting tonight. I wanted to finish this money holder and get it photographed. Actually, it isn't finished, but I'll address that in a moment.

I have used this template for my money holders for several years now. You can find it HERE . It's from Mirkwood Designs, and they have styles for both the old money (center oval) and new money (offset oval).


I printed the template from their website directly onto my cardstock, then cut just inside the dark lines, and folded on the scored lines. I cut out the oval using one of my oval Nestabilities.

The stamp set I used is an old favorite from Hero Arts. It's called Needles and Cones, and tends to be one of my "go to" sets this time of year. I randomly stamped the needles using StazOn Olive Green. The pine cones were stamped using VersaMagic Jumbo Java.

Since this is for a guy, I didn't want to use any ribbon, so I made a belly band to keep the holder closed. You could also use velcro or one of those cute little magnets. Because I'm making several of these for giving cash, I decided the belly band was more economical. I don't particularly like the way the velcro looks.

Oops...I just noticed that the belly band is upside down in the second photo. Oh well...I TOLD YOU I was in a hurry! LOL!

The unfinished part is that I'm going to stamp on the inside cover, but that certainly isn't necessary. I think it's all a matter of taste.

I know this was short and sweet, but if I left out anything pertinent, please don't hestiate to email me.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

6 comments:

Donna C. said...

This is really gorgeous. I need to do some cards to hold gift certificates and this has been very helpful to see. Love the stamps and colors you used.

Kerry Johnson said...

What a great way to give cash! Don't think it would work with our weird Cdn bills - but love it!! That stamp set is great too - I can see why it's a go to set for you. Absolutely gorgeous holders - good luck finishing all you need to do!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

So creative and so beautiful! This is wonderful! An absolutely elegant and beautiful gift to present (with another gift inside).

~ Jennifer

mimiburroughs said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! It's beautiful...I should make some too...maybe the ones w/o the hole for checks...huh? Great job...they really are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

very nice! I like the masculine feel on these gift card holders! Very rustic and seasonal looking with those great stamps and color choices. Good job Michelle! TFS

mimiburroughs said...

I'm guessing the needles & cones stamp set are discontinued??? Just checking. jackie