Thursday, December 13, 2007

Icing on the Cake!

I made this card using this week's sketch challenge SC154 on Splitcoast. I just LOVE it when I have an opportunity to play along. And let me warn you...those SCS challenges can be VERY addictive! Really!

The stamp set is from My Favorite Things new release. It's called Icing On The Cake . It's the same set I used for yestserday's card.

I stamped the cake plate with Versafine Onyx Black, then inked the cake with VersaColor pigment ink, as well as the candle tips.

Since the stamps are clear, I didn't need a stamp positioner to get them into place. (I LOVE that!) The candle stems were inked with a Tombow marker. I masked the cake plate, then used one of the stamps in the set to stamp the light blue image underneath.

The stamped image, as well as all the layers behind it were cut and embossed using my Nestabilities ovals. I popped them up using Scotch Mounting Tape .

The sentiment was stamped, then cut out with my SU! oval. I popped it up over my SU! designer label punch which is behind.

The ribbon is from May Arts. Once again, I have adhered the name of the designer paper to the card, so I can't tell you who makes it. My bad!

I was trying to make this card so I could send it to a guy if I need to. Do you think the ribbon makes it too feminine?

Gotta go get my chicken off the grill. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the bright happy colors this is a great fun card.

Kerry Johnson said...

I don't think the ribbon makes it any less masculine - I think it just echoes the circles in the background paper! How cool is it that you could use of the other stamps in the set for the grounding shadow? Awesome card - love all those oval nestability layers!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love your card! The colours are awesome. This is one of my new favourite page maps & I'm about to try my hand at it today. I hope I do as good a job as you.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Cute, cute card! Love all the bright colors and how you've used layers with your nestibilities.

I love the ribbon. Perhaps you could still use the ribbon but just not tie it in a bow for a man's card (ribbon would be flat?) Just a thought.

~ Jennifer

Unknown said...

My son would tell you...if it has a ribbon, it's for a girl. (at least that's the rule he told me) LOL
I say it looks perfect and anyone would love to get it!

mimiburroughs said...

LOVE THE CARD!!! I think it would be fine for gal or guy...maybe you could use a royal blue dotted tied in a know instead of a bow...just a thought...I like it just the way it is!

Merry Christas!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is very festive! the bright bold colors just say PARTY! as for the ribbon? I love it on this card - It's a perfect match! I don't think I'd add the ribbon to this card for a guy though. The ribbon adds a touch of "froo-froo" which guys just can't appreciate at all LOL Great card!! Great stamps too!

Carolyn King said...

What a fun card. Love the cake!!!