Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy Little Penguin


This happy little penguin is from the Gina K Sandy Claws stamp set. It was still on my desk from a card I posted a couple of days ago, so I decided to ink her up. Hey...it was easier than putting it away! LOL!

I stamped the main image using Versafine Onyx Black ink. She was colored with Tombow markers. The scarf and cap were paper pieced using the same paper as the background. It's from Paper Adventures and is called Holiday Joy Mini Dots.

For the ball on the cap I used a small dot of White Liquid Applique, then put a little Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue on top for sparkle.

The main image and the red scalloped layer were cut and embossed using my new rectangle Nestabilities. I just LOVE those things!

The sentiment is also in the Sandy Claws set. I inked only the first word, stamped it, then cleaned my stamp, inked the other two words and stamped below.

I used my SU! Oval punch to cut out the sentiment, then layered it on top of my Designer Label punch. I added a bead of Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue around the edge of the oval. The ribbon is from my stash.

Busy day today. I had meetings all day long, and didn't even get a break for lunch. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Some weeks there just aren't enough Fridays!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I do so appreciate your comments. It's so nice to know someone is here besides me! :-)

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a cute card, love the penguin and that paper.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card today. Penguins are so cute on everything! Pretty ribbon, pretty paper - love it:)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh how sweet! What a darling card!

~ Jennifer

Carolyn King said...

absolutely adorable!!!